The Picket Fence began as an outreach project of the Anglican parish of St Marys in 1991 and came under the oversight of Anglicare in 2008.
It started as a drop-in centre — a friendly place to chat and have a cup of coffee. it’s still a friendly place to drop in for a coffee, but also provides a whole range of community services, including
- Emergency relief is Monday and Friday 10am until 12noon — Food Items, not food vouchers. Includes; fresh fruit and vegetables, milk and bread. Financial assistance. Utilities payments up to $50 (with requirements)
Chemist vouchers/clothing vouchers.
- Monday and Friday fresh Produce Market 10am until 2pm; $1 singles, $2 families bread and milk $1 extra.
- Thursday: Financial Assistance by appointment.
- Evening meals: fortnightly - $3 per adult, children free. Two courses. Call for dates.
- Art Group: Thursday- $3 per session, first session free.
For more information, call the Picket Fence on (08) 8374 2522.