Emergency relief is available from Anglicare in the north, south and centre of the city.
Emergency relief can include:
- Financial assistance (for overdue bills or petrol)
- Food assistance from our available stocks
- Blankets and general manchester
- Bus ticket
- Chemist vouchers (concession scripts)
- Clothing vouchers through our op shops
- Telstra vouchers (maximum amount and in line with Telstra’s policy)
- Telstra phone card
(please note, not all of these items are always available.)
Some of our centres require appointments: but at all places, appointments fill very quickly, so we advise clients to call as close as possible to 9am on the day.
At Elizabeth, call 1800 061 551 weekdays. The Food Barn at the Elizabeth Mission also offers free lunches on weekdays.
At Salisbury Old Rectory, appointments essential, please call 1800 773 277 (freecall) between 9–9.30am weekdays
At The Magdalene Centre, 42 Carrington Street Adelaide, no appointment is necessary and the centre is open 9am-12.30pm weekdays, call (08) 8305 9389.
The Old Court House next to St Hilary’s Morphett Vale is open weekdays 9am–12.30pm, call (08) 8392 3190.
Very often, emergency assistance is a first call for help. Anglicare can also advise clients on other services which may be helpful — housing, financial management, help with drug and/or alcohol problems…