Living Beyond Suicide provides support in the days and hours after a suicide. Phone 1300 76 11 93 (call costs 27.5 cents) between 10am–10pm any day.
Trained family support volunteers are on call to stand by you and guide you through the maze of things to do facing the bereaved.
Living Beyond Suicide offers survivor-sensitive early support for families bereaved through suicide. It helps families navigate service systems and get the assistance they need.
Living Beyond Suicide is
- Metropolitan and state-wide service
- Highly trained, professionally supervised, survivor sensitive volunteer base
- No cost
- Anyone can refer
- Quick flexible response to suicide, 10am–10pm, any day
- Practical and sensitive support offered to families — when and where it’s needed
- Assistance provided with navigating the maze of post-suicide systems and services – information and links to other relevant services
- Responsive to individual, family and community needs
- Community capacity building, with a strong commitment to regional areas
- Awareness-raising and education focus
- Working in close collaboration with other services
- Informed by, and informing, leading research in the field.
For more information about the service, click here.
If you'd like to be a volunteer with Living Beyond Suicide, click here.
If you'd like to know more about forthcoming training, click here.
For some resources, whatever situation you are in, click here.
And for useful links, click here.